- This wiki is out of date, use the continuation of this wiki instead
Network.DLL is a DLL for internet/network communication between two Fenix programs or a Fenix program and a different program. It handles quite a few things on its own, so the user can focus on different things in his program.
- One command setup, another one for listening for connections (server) or one for opening a connection (client).
- Connection status monitor, informs Fenix of the status of the connections.
- Sending and receiving of variables of all datatypes, graphics, files, whatever you want.
- Download/upload meter, for measuring of speeds and totals.
- Automatic message separation (separation string specifiable).
- Dynamic messagebuffer provides limitless sending and receiving.
 How to use
To be able to use it, you must include the Network.DLL functionality:
First you initialize Network.DLL:
From this point you can do whatever you like, for example connect to google on port 3435:
And send a message:
Or listen for connections on port 4555:
Receiving and handling messages is also easy:
Loop switch(NET.Incoming[NetID]) case NET_STATUS_DISCONNECTED: // code when the connection is disconnected say("# Disconnected!"); end case NET_STATUS_INACTIVE: // code when the connection is idle end case NET_STATUS_ACTIVE: // code when there are >0 new messages on the connection while( len(message=NET_Recv(NetID))>0 ) // handle the message say("< " + message); end end case NET_STATUS_ESTABLISHED: // code when the connection is just established say("# Connected!"); end end frame; End
It probably will have UDP support as well, though at the moment only TCP is used.
Here's the complete package containing a simple testprogram with commented source, the DLL, the sourcecode and full documentation:
- Network.DLL v1.54a for Fenix 0.83b
- Network.DLL v1.54a for Fenix 0.84a
- Network.DLL v1.54a for Fenix 0.92a (also 0.93 and before 0.92a)
- Network.DLL v1.54a Tester
- Network.DLL v1.54a Example
Requires SDL_Net.DLL (included in package).
- Network.DLL functions
- Network.DLL globals
- Network.DLL defines
- Network.DLL errorcodes
- Network.DLL changelog
|Main • Functions • Globals • Defines • Errorcodes • Changelog|
|• Explosion.DLL • GUI.DLL • Image.DLL • LCD.DLL • Log.dll • MPEG.DLL • Mixer.DLL • Network.DLL • TTF.DLL •|